- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Aspiring cartoonists

I recently visited with a class of eighth-graders at Elm Grove Middle School. Their teacher said they had been talking about political cartoons in the class and the students had shown a big interest.
So I went ot the school to talk about political cartoons and how we decide which ones will be published and which ones will not. I took several copies of cartoons with me to show to the class. They got quite a kick out of some of the cartoons. Since they were so interested, I challenged the students to draw their own editorial cartoon, tied in to something happening in the news. Most of them were really excited about that.
I can hardly wait to see what these aspiring cartoonists come up with.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home