- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Thursday, July 5, 2007

Packages to soldiers

After the column ran in Wednesday’s paper about the group collecting packages to send to the troops, I got several e-mails from people wanting to know where to send mail and what they needed to do to start a drive similar to the one the Radio Group held Saturday.
I called Sharon Flournoy at the Radio Group and told her I was directing some people in her direction because they wanted to know if it was too late to send their boxes with the ones Flournoy and her team collected. It is a breath of fresh air knowing so many people want to be morale boosters to the soldiers.
One of the e-mails was from teacher Becky Parker. Here’s what she had to say:
After reading the article in the paper "Mail helps boost soldiers' morale," I would be happy to write to some of them. Also, I am a fifth-grade teacher and would like for my class to send letters and cards. When my nephew was in Iraq a few years ago, he loved getting letters from the kids.
Can you tell me how I go about corresponding with the soldiers?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home