- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Puppy training saga continues

I'm getting ready for the second week of training tonight with my Rotweiller puppy, Tank.
As far as the home training goes, Tank has been doing OK, although I'm sure if I didn't have the treats he wouldn't be quite as cooperative.
We've been working on "out," as in go "out" the door. At first, he would just sit and stare at me. And if I reached for his collar to take (or rather drag) him outside, he would turn and run into the living room or under the table in the dining room where he thought I couldn't get him. So, I bribed him with a treat. Initially, he would just look at the treat but he couldn't resist when I put it right under his nose. Once he came out of hiding, I would walk to the door, point outside and say "out." Of course I had the treat in my hand. Pretty soon, he started walking out of the house. We still have a long way to go, but it's a start.
Anyway, I'm not sure what's in store for us tonight at Red River. I just hope Tank continues to behave and get his act together.
In the meantime, I'm waiting for more tips from you guys.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home