- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, June 20, 2007

What’s next?

I was in the store the other day looking for whatever it was I was looking for when an elderly man came down the aisle mumbling something about toothpaste.
I didn’t immediately know what he was talking about until he said, “They say that toothpaste is poison.”
I looked in the direction he was staring and saw the Colgate toothpaste.
I then realized he was talking about the contaminated toothpaste that recently was in the news.
He bypassed the Colgate and headed toward another brand.
The Colgate-Palmolive Co. has sad counterfeit toothpaste falsely labeled as "Colgate" has been found in four states and may contain a poisonous chemical called diethylene glycol (DEG)
“I’m going to buy Crest,” he said. He felt that brand was safer.
First the lettuce was contaminated; then the pet food and just recently it was the beef. And now toothpaste! It’s sad when you have to worry about whether it’s safe to brush your teeth.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home