- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Friday, March 23, 2007

Home-cooked meal for (wo)man's best friend

I posted an item the other day about the dog food recall and how my mother cooks rice and chicken for her Chow.
Yesterday, I received this e-mail from Carlene Hilliker of Bossier City who pretty much does the same thing. She even has a recipe!
Here is part of the e-mail:

Just thought you might be interested in publishing a way for people to stop worrying about what they are getting in their can dog food. I cook for my dog and she is very healthy. This recipe came from a vet in California. My dog came from the pound some 4 years ago. She was skinny and had been abused. She is now 35 pounds and very healthy and active. I also let her free feed on a good dry dog food.

3 cups of rice cooked (I cook it in a rice cooker)
6 lbs of chicken (I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs) Boil with Ms. Dash and lemon pepper seasoning.
Large bag of frozen mixed veggies (Cooked in the juice from the chicken)

Cut the chicken up in small pieces, or tear it apart and mix all the above together. Put into small one serving containers (size depends on how much your dog eats) and freeze it. This will make 2 weeks of food for my dog. Just remove from freezer, heat in microwave and your dog has a great meal with no additives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home