- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Monday, March 19, 2007

No more Ol’ Roy

My mother called me the other day to see if I could go online and find out what dog food brands were being recalled. She was concerned because she has a Chow and wanted to know if she had been feeding him any of the recalled food. Mind you, this is a woman who buys chicken and rice and cooks it for her dog.
I went online and found one brand she buys, Ol’ Roy, on the list. I called her to let her know and she said she was going to throw out the cans she had recently bought. While I was in Minden Sunday, I took her to the store to buy some more dog food. While she was in the store, she and another woman started up a conversation about their dogs and the bad dog food. It's interesting listening to people talk about their dogs. If you come in anywhere after the beginning of the conversation, you'd think they were talking about kids.
Anyway, the shelves in that store were cleared of the Ol’ Roy canned dog food. My mother was happy; I could tell by the smile on her face when she told me.
She bought Pedigree. It’s not on the list.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home