- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Comcast woes

Comcast officials reported nearly two weeks ago that service disruption problems that affected as many as 20,000 local cable customers should be fixed.
Those problems might be fixed, but trust me, there are others.
I called in February to have telephone service installed at my home. The woman I talked to said they couldn’t come out until March 20 because everything was switching over from Time Warner to Comcast and they wouldn’t be installing phone services before then. I told her that was fine and she said someone would be out between 8 a.m. and noon on the 20th.
I called the day before to make sure everything was still on schedule and was told there wasn’t anything scheduled at my address. The man I talked with said I could reschedule, so I did. I wasn’t happy but what could I do? He told me someone would be out between 1-5 p.m. on March 23. He even gave me a new phone number and told me I would need to be there to sign some papers. When March 23 arrived, I went home at 1 p.m. to wait. I waited and waited. When my son came home from school, I told him to call me when the phone people came. He didn’t call. They didn’t come.
I was really frustrated. I called Comcast later that evening and waited on the phone for about 20 minutes before someone finally came on. They said because it was so late in the evening, I would have to wait until later to find out what happened because no one was around who could help me. They must have sensed my frustration because they finally told me that they had rescheduled the phone installation to March 29. But guess what? No one bothered to let me know. I called Saturday morning but was on hold so long I finally hung up. I called Monday and waited about 20 minutes before someone came on the line. I was already having a bad morning because I was sneezing and my eyes were watering from the pollen. I was miserable. The man I talked to was nice enough but I was tired of getting the runaround. He told me what I already knew (service rescheduled). I told him it was not acceptable and I no longer wanted the service. He was very apologetic and attempted to explain but as far as I was concerned, there was no explanation; no good one anyway. He went on to say how much work needed to be done in Shreveport and once everything is straightened out, we shouldn’t have any more problems.
That’s all well and good, but what do we do in the meantime?
Oh, and by the way, they can't find Mansfield Road in the system. Every time I called, they said there was no Mansfield Road. One woman even asked if I was sure that was my address. Finally, one woman abbreviated Mansfield and found it.
So either have your phone number or account number; otherwise you're out of luck if you just give them a Mansfield Road address.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home