- Shreveporttimes.com - Weather - Calendar - Jobs - Cars - Real Estate - Apartments â- Shopping - Classifieds - Dating

Wednesday, May 9, 2007

End-of-year band concert

The Ridgewood Middle School band gave its final performance of the school year last night. The concert, which I thought was supposed to begin at 6 p.m., didn't start until 6:30 but it was worth the wait. Performing were the beginning band, orchestra and concert band.
I thought at first the heavy rain would keep most people away but that wasn't the case at all. By 6:05 there were only about 24 people in the audience but as 6:30 neared, the auditorium began to slowly fill.
I enjoyed all of the performances but I especially liked the strings. Maybe it was because I recognized one of the songs they played: "The Pink Panther."
Ms. Lupton, the band teacher, has done an excellent job with the students and it showed in their performances.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home